The 6 week Garin Mahal Pre-Army Program
The Garin Mahal Pre-Army Program is the PREMIER PRE-ARMY PREPARATORY PROGRAM FOR LONE SOLDIERS aspiring to serve as combat soldiers in the IDF. This program is challenging and will push those that choose to take on its entirety to their limits. Through its rigor, those who complete the preparatory program will be sure to gain a self-confidence in not only themselves, but as well in their ability to tackle all the challenges that a combat service in the IDF might offer. Participants are guaranteed to leave the program having a greater understanding of what it means to embody the warrior ethos.
In May 2010, Garin Mahal was established as the first ever IDF pre-army preparatory program for lone soldiers. As a result of its success, in 2015 The Ministry of Defense decided to adopt the concept and therefore, made it mandatory for all Mahal volunteers to attend a pre-army preparatory program before their enlistment.
Since it's inception, Garin Mahal has physically and mentally prepared over 1000 lone soldiers from all over the world for the IDF. The Garin Mahal Program is specifically designed to equip lone soldiers with all of the tools necessary to have a meaningful service and excel in the IDF. This includes mental toughness, physical fitness, and an ability to better understand the Hebrew language. Hence, all of the training is designed with the full intention to improve each participant’s overall ability to succeed and overcome. All of the training is conducted in Hebrew, which will give pre-draftees a leg up in their journey to mastering the language. Only those that have ever been through challenging times know that suffering is the catalyst to growth. Experiencing these experiences as a pre-draftee will callous the mind and body; giving those looking to excel in basic combat and special forces a significant upper hand. In addition, Garin Mahal provides the opportunity to immerge one’s self in the lone soldier community. Creating relationships with peers going through the same process can be beneficial for both spirit and mind. There is nothing like the bonds created when a group of individuals seeking the same goal come together and conquer the required challenges necessary to obtain it.
In addition to the basic structure of the program, special forces specific training is offered to those that have a desire to push themselves to their limits for the sake of achieving self-excellence. Only those with the intestinal fortitude and discipline to push themselves past perceived barriers will be able to succeed in such units. These specific training sessions are designed with the goal of increasing one’s ability to be COMFORTABLE with being UNCOMFORTABLE in an extremely stressful environment. As well, the participants will learn how these special forces tryouts are conducted and the strategy needed to pass them. The training sessions offered include workouts and special forces try out simulations. Both are conducted by active and past special forces soldiers. If you seek glory in the form of pushing barriers, then special forces is something to consider.Garin Mahal provides a network to lone soldiers, which will assist them throughout the draft process, during their service, and after its completion.
Participating in Garin Mahal does not require the participant to draft to the army. Drafting to the army is completely optional and up to the individual's own desires. That being said, the program is designed for those with intention to draft.
Those that do decide to draft can choose from two options: drafting as a Mahal volunteer or as a Oleh Hadash (Citizen). The difference in the two paths is based in the required service time:
.Mahal soldiers are required to serve 18 months
Olim Hadashim are required to serve 2 years and 6 months (subject to age and other factors such as time in country).
The Garin Mahal Program is an official pre - army program sponsored by the Ministry of Defense of Israel and Onward Israel. Mahal volunteers fulfill their requirement of attending a pre - army program upon completion of Garin Mahal.
- Teach you the ABC's of drafting and what it truly means to be a SUCCESFULL lone soldier in the IDF.
- Provide you with full room, board and guidance from the moment you land in Israel.
- Take care of all the bureaucracy involved in drafting and ensure that you enlist to the IDF without any delays or issues.
- Expose you to all of the units in the IDF enabling you to make an educated decision on where to serve.
- Enhance your Hebrew efficiency including total comprehension of all military commands.
- Prepare you PHYSICALLY and MENTALLY for the IDF.
- Prepare you for all of the Gibushim (tryouts) for Special Forces in the IDF.
- Provide you with an amazing lone soldier support network which will assist you before your enlistment, during your service and after your release.
- Equip you with the tools to be an ambassador for Israel on the public relations front.
- Last but not least, leave you a more confident and disciplined person.
The program Features:
- Intensive ulpan (Hebrew lessons) based on the dynamic immersion system.
- Kosher kravi (combat fitness) run by Special Forces commanders.
- Full contact krav maga (hand to hand combat) training run by counter terrorism experts.
- Gibush (tryout) training including simulation gibushim for tzanhanim (paratroopers) and yom sayerot (the elite unit scouting combine) conducted by actual current
IDF gibush testers.
- Live fire arms and anti terror training at the leading counter terror and security training academy in Israel - Caliber 3.
- Land navigation training instructed by formal navigation department heads of elite units in the IDF.
- Survival week led by officers from the IDF's most elite units.
- Trips to IDF bases throughout Israel and interaction with soldiers from all of the units in the IDF.
- Elite Israeli advocacy training which will give you the knowledge to defend Israel's right to exist.
- Lectures from Israel's most prominent educators, and more!
Military style lodging located in the heart of Jerusalem ( 1 minute from Ben Yehuda St.)
All food served on the program is kosher.
There are no activities on Shabat from Friday morning until Sunday morning. Participants are free to do whatever they want. The dorms are open and meals are available if one desires.
This program is open to young adult men from around the world ages 18 - 26 who are interested in joining the IDF or would like to get a taste of the IDF before making their decision to serve.
There is no Hebrew or fitness level required. We will build you from any level.
July 11, 2021* *Please note that the date is subject to change due to the COVID - 19 pandemic.
*Participants are responsible for arranging their own flights and medical insurance.